What does spotting post menstruation indicate?

Question
Hi there,
I had my period on December 15 for 7 days. Yesterday dec 31 I started spotting and now i’M bleeding a bit. Is this normal. Please help. I also low grade hpv. I’m scared
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be intermenstrual bleeding.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
You have to do a urine pregnancy test and serum beta HCG to rule out pregnancy as chances for getting pregnant is there. If it is positive, immediately consult a gynaecologist to rule out conditions like ectopic.
Most probable cause is intermenstrual bleeding which is quite common among middle aged women.
Low grade HPV does not usually present like these.
Wishing you good health
Thanks