What does sporadic pain in the groin indicate?
Can you advise what can cause sporadic pain in the groin /pubic area? I had some pain in that area about 2 months ago that was checked for hernia and infection and both came up negative ( no burning during urination etc). The pain eventually went away after about 6-7 days. Well, it came back 3 days ago and it is very uncomfortable to say the least. I do have a history of stomach problems if that helps any but I am at a loss as to why this pain came back. My doctor said to take Advil for the pain and Cipro in the event there is an underlying infection. I prefer not to take additional medication if not needed but is this even possible that there could be an underlying infection, undetectable through a urinalysis, that could be causing this pain? I appreciate any light you may be able to shed on this...
Thank you !
Different possibilities explained, need ultrasound examination.
* This condition narrates underlying prostate infection, gravels in urinary tract or seminal vesicles issue which may not be shown up on the urine analysis in all cases.
* Guidelines at present
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Continue current medications.
- Discuss with your doctor regarding the need of ultrasound of the abdomen, pelvis and scrotum to locate the underlying cause and cure in accordance to that for a better outcome.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does pain in the groin during pregnancy indicate
- Lump in groin no pain what is it
- What does a painful mass in the groin indicate
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What does painful lump in the groin indicate
- What could be causing pain in groin
- What is the reason for pain in the groin area
- Discomfort in thighs and groin not painful what is it
- Groin pain what could this pain be
- Swelling in groin no pain what could this be
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools