What does "splenic low density found and small benign left ovarian cyst" indicate?

OBGYN
Question
I just received my Ct scan and they state small benign appearing 1.3 cm splenic low density found and small benign left ovarian cyst. Do I need further work up from primary care doc?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer

Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ovarian cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Welcome to healthcare magic.

The cyst what was seen could be a normal growing follicle if you are around Ovulation time.

All you need to do is wait till you get next periods. Get an transvaginal ultrasound scan done to check if the cyst is present. Most likely it would have disappeared.

If the cyst exists that time in ultrasound scan you can opt for further evaluation by biopsy.

I hope I clarified your doubts.

Dr. Soumya

Follow-up: What does "splenic low density found and small benign left ovarian cyst" indicate? 27 minutes later
What about the spleen lesion should i be concerned, or do i need to have further test or benign lesions in spleen pretty common, dr did not mention .

Answered by Dr. Soumya 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You might need further examination by your doctor though it doesn't appear serious.

Its better to get splenic examination done.

Dr. Soumya