What does spells of dry heaving and depression indicate?
Such symptoms can occur in anxiety disorder with co-morbid depression
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries
I can understand your concern. You have history of depression nine years back and now have symptoms like dry heaves, racing heart which can occur due to anxiety. In a lot of individuals with depressive disorders, anxiety is found common co-morbid condition. You are 51 years and at this age hormonal changes also aggravate such symptoms. You have just increased the dose of Xanax to 0.5 mg a day and this can help to reduce the symptoms to some extent but this is not the proper treatment of such symptoms. In my opinion medicines like SSRIs should be used. SSRIs especially sertraline, escitalopram etc can help. These medicines will not only reduce the anxiety but will also help in improving the depressive symptoms. So please visit your psychiatrist again for re-evaluation and proper treatment.
Thanks, I hope this helps you. Please don't hesitate to ask again for more doubts.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is major depression
- What is anxiety depression
- What do headaches depression and negitivity indicate
- In a 4 month old fontanelle depression indicates what
- What does a depression in the thumbnail indicate
- What causes depression weegy
- What are the symptoms of postpartum depression?
- Chronic depression what happens
- What causes depression and anxiety
- What is major depressive disorder