What does sore throat,ulcer on penis,stuffy nose and swollen lymp nodes indicate?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: These are the symptoms i had post sex. Rash, sore throat, Penis Ulcer, lasted for aproximately 2 Weeks. Right After Came Flu Like Illness. Stuffy Nose, swollen Lymph all over, night sweats for 2 months, White Tongue with Lessions On Side. White Line on inner Cheek. discloration Of Toenails. Then gastro Intestinal Problems Confusion And Continued Malaise since First Set Of Symptoms, Stiff Neck, Shortness of Breathe ear Ache blurry symptoms reocurring throat issues. The girl I had Sex With Recently Got Over Flu And She was Complaining About Stiff Neck. And Throat Issues. I had a 6 week 12 week 17 week hiv1/o/2 icma antibody test poat exposure negative. And then a 21 week hiv ag/ab negative. But mt symptoms persist if not hiv what other virus could cause this.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms are not due to HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

A negative test after the serological window period of 12 weeks certainly rules HIV infection. The cause of your symptoms is definitely not HIV .
It would be very helpful if you could send the clinical picture of rash and penile ulcer for further assessment. Kindly also let me know your present health status and symptoms.

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 15 minutes later
The rash and ulcer came two weeks after my sexual incounter and disappeared aproximately 2 weeks after. My current status is slight blurry vision, eye sensitivity to light, swollen lymph behind left ear and under left jaw. All blood test show excellent health condition. What could be the cause of this. All other symptoms subsided as months past. But these continue
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms unrelated to exposure

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Greetings

Isolated enlargement of only neck lymph node which are smaller than 2 cm , non tender and freely XXXXXXX is not significant. There is no reason to be worried about. If you have already undergone opthalmic assessment and everything is fine then there is no cause for concern.

Put back the past incident and move ahead. Definitely no relationship to your present symptoms.

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 hours later
Should i look into anxiety as the cause. Or is there another virus that can cause these symptoms one after another
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The cause is due to stress

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Greetings

The cause of symptoms is likely to be anxiety and stress. Also the fear of having contracted infection could be causing these symptom.
I would suggest you to forget the incident and get going.

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 36 hours later
Can anxiety cause all these symptoms. I have been suffering since i caught the flu or flu like symptoms. This was post sexual exposure. If not hiv what other viruses cause these symptoms. So that i can have an idea of what to tell my dr
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infectious Mononucleosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Good morning
Greetings of the day

Infectious Mononucleosis could be one of the possibility. The infection is self limiting and not serious. Clinical assessment by your Physician will be more reassuring.

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
I was tested negative for mono. Should i continue testing for hiv i had a negative ag/ab hiv test negative at 21 weeks.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No further testing required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

There is no need for further HIV testing.
Rest be assured.

Best regards
Dr Deepak