Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What does small lump between vaginal orifice and the urethra indicate?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6487 Questions
hello sir.. i had a small tear on my labia minora for which i was examining my genitals on a mirror.. i discovered on spreading my labia that there is a small lump between my vaginal orifice and the urethra which was not present before.. its palpable but very small and cannot be reduced.. i tried pushing it back but it did not go in.. however i do not face any incontinencies.. and do not suffer from irritation while micturition.. i was worried if the lump is some prolapse or a urethral diverticulum.. i am 25 years of age.. and been sexually active recently.. there is no associated pain and the lump is not tender.. as i pushed through it i could feel my pubic symphysis also.. what further investigations should i do ? thank you so much
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Most probably you have Skene's duct cyst. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us You need proper clinical examination.According to mentioned site,most probably you have Skene's duct cyst.These cysts occur on either side of the urethra. It can be treated self by warm compression and if it is large in size then it can be opened and drained by surgeon. However other conditions like blocked hair follicle,folliculitis,clogged sweat glands need to be ruled out. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor