What does slight vaginal bleeding after inserting tampon indicate?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: I'm in peri menopause. I inserted a tampon with no bleeding because I expected my flow soon. I had inserted it wrong so I pulled it out and reinserted another one. It also was inserted wrong ( I am really dry a lot of time and it hurt going in and out) so I pulled it out too. There was a little bright pink blood spot in two places on it and it was very dry. I still haven't started my period. Could the slight bleeding be from pulling it out so dry ?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, most probably due to insertion while you were dry, nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Yes, the mild pink bleed could be from inserting the tampon while you were dry. Pink blood is considered mild and should be absolutely nothing to worry about.

I completely understand why you inserted the tampon before your period started, and I do not think you should be worried about the mild pink bleed either, such things happen and should not be reason to get worried.

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 29 minutes later
Thank you very much for your quick response. I just have one clarification question. Was the blood from putting it in or out or both?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cannot really say accurately :)

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

We cannot say accurately, but it is most certainly from the friction caused between the tampon and the dry inner walls, either during insertion or removal or both. :)

Best wishes.