What does sharp pains in the chest area and stomach discomfort suggest?
Strained muscle is the most probable reason.
Thanks for your query.
Left side chest pain is what we are always afraid of as heart issues can give such symptom.
However if the pain has appeared suddenly with shortness of breath and someradiation to the arm, pneumothorax is possible. This condition can appear with no reason. Sometimes sudden cough or sudden lift of heavy object can cause it. It is more possible if you smoke or have chronic lungs disease like asthma or bronchitis.
If nothing like that is present, strained muscle is the most probable reason. Strained muscle usually appears only when the chest is moving, and should be completely gone when lying down and not breathing.
If the pain is sharp and well localized, more intense when breathing, rib nerve issue is the most probable reason.
In both cases, rest and anti-inflammatory medicines like Diclophenac should help.
If the pneumothorax sounds possible, you should have chest x-ray done as soon as possible
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is stomach discomfort, upset, or pain a side effect of baraclude?
- Figtue stomach discomfort numniss in chest
- Sciatic nerve pain and stomach discomfort
- What causes stomach discomfort
- What are the remedies for antral gastritis and stomach discomfort
- Suggest treatment for stomach discomfort
- What is the remedy for stomach discomfort in the morning
- Stomach discomfort on using potassium what should be done
- Stomach discomfort reoccurring what type of medicine will help
- Is stomach discomfort, upset, or pain a side effect of indomethacin?