What does severe swelling in the hands after Meloxicam usage indicate?
Veins thrombosis can be the reason.
Thank you for the query.
Such symptoms are rather not due to Meloxicam use. Swelling is usually caused by veins issues or lymph nodes issues. Veins thrombosis can be the reason. That is why, your brother should have veins Doppler ultrasound done. If nothing is found, he should consult rheumatologist.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Usage of Meloxicam
- Meloxicam for sinus swelling
- What should be the gap between meloxicam and tizanidine intake
- What is meloxicam used for tooth
- Is trembling or shaking of the hands or feet a side effect of meloxicam?
- Is severe stomach pain a side effect of meloxicam?
- Meloxicam is used for what
- What drug can be used to replace meloxicam for osteoarthritis
- Is severe headaches of sudden onset a side effect of meloxicam?
- Meloxicam what time should i take it