question-icon

What does severe pain and swelling in the hip joints indicate?

Posted on Thu, 4 Oct 2018
Question: I am feeling cute pain in my thi both hip joints from one month sweeling
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (44 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Can be due to osteoarthritis.

Detailed Answer:

The pain and swelling in the hips that you have can be related to osteoarthritic changes.

The treatment options include painkillers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin, dycerin, etc and some lifestyle modifications and physiotherapy.

I also encourage you to consult an orthopedician for a physical examination.

A few blood tests, X-rays of the hips, CT / MRI scans of the hips will help us diagnose the condition and help us in choosing the best approach of treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon