What does severe pain and swelling in the hip joints indicate?
Can be due to osteoarthritis.
The pain and swelling in the hips that you have can be related to osteoarthritic changes.
The treatment options include painkillers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin, dycerin, etc and some lifestyle modifications and physiotherapy.
I also encourage you to consult an orthopedician for a physical examination.
A few blood tests, X-rays of the hips, CT / MRI scans of the hips will help us diagnose the condition and help us in choosing the best approach of treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain in both hips
- What causes severe pain in groin and hip
- Severe pain in ankle no swelling
- Severe pain in toe joints
- What causes severe pain in wrist joint
- What indicates severe pain in scapula fingers and back
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints
- What causes severe pain ans swelling in vagina
- Severe pain in the right chest what does this indicate
- Severe pain in hip joints back etc
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?