What does severe burning in the shins indicate?
you may need vitamin supplements
I have read your query.
burning on shin can be due to vitamin D deficiency along with Vitamin B 12 deficiency.
I will advise you to check blood b12 and vitamin D levels.
Another possibility can be due to lumbar canal stenosis leading to burning sensation.
MRI spine will help in diagnosis.
Medication like methylcobalamine and pentoxphylline may help. You can start tab consulting your doctor.
continue your medication which you are already taking.
I hope I have answered your questions .If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- My shin is numb and burns
- What does painless lump on the shin indicate
- What causes severe pain in grointhigh and shin
- What does a red rash on both shins indicate
- Shin splints burning pressed on
- Skin burning on shin
- Severe itching on shins
- Shin lump and burning
- Shin splint skin burn
- Burning pain in shin bone