What does rubella IgG test in grey zone mean?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: i had a rubella igg test and the result was grey zone. what does that mean?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Rubella IgG test in grey zone means the results are equivocal. It is not significant in pregnancy. Even if the IgG test is positive in pregnancy, it suggests that at some point of time in past, you had rubella infection.

At present, you are not having an infection. There is no need to worry.
You can have an anomaly scan of baby between 18-20 weeks.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.