question-icon

What does resting heart rate of 59-62 indicate?

Posted on Mon, 21 Jul 2014
Question: Im 34 yrs old male overweight but i exercise moderately 3 times a week. My resting heart rate tends to be between 59-62 beats per minute. I have no symptoms and my ecg is normal. I am afraid to exercise more which will lower my heart rate. Is my pulse healthy or should i be worried?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It's perfectly normal...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Your resting heart rate is within normal range. You are reporting to exercise moderately thrice a week. So, it is normal to get such heart rates in people who are running moderate physical activity.

No need to worry as it is perfectly normal.

Hope it answered to your queries! If anything unclear, do write me back!
Dr.Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist