What does redness near the urethra indicate?

Dr. BR Hudda

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: here is a better picture of the redness at my urethra
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more information for better assessment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Welcome to health care magic, I have gone through your question and photograph you have attached with it.

At the outset I would like further information for better assessment of the condition like
Since how long you are having this problem?
Are you having burning sensation in urine or increased frequency of Urine?
Do you have any history of unprotected sex?

I would advise you for a battery of investigation like CBC, ESR , liver function test and blood sugar, VDRL test , urine culture and sensitivity test.

You may require a course of antibiotics like Amoxyclav or Norfloxacin group of drugs under medical supervision.

Meanwhile have lots of fluids orally which will help by flushing off the urogenital tract and clears the mild degree of infection.
Wash it with antiseptic soap or solution and keep it clean and moisturised by applying antibacterial ointment like mupirocin or soframycin.
Maintain good hygiene.

Please write back to me with these details I have asked for, so that I will be able to tell you more precisely.
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana