What does red light in a mouth swab tester after applying saliva on it indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I just did I mouth swab drug test and the applicator started to get red on it once put into the liquid. Is that bad and what does it mean.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a good sign and means enough saliva was put on the strip!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

This actually means that enough saliva has been put on the collection sponge to allow for appropriate testing. It is not a bad sign and you should be okay with this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.