What does rectal bleeding and irregular heartbeats suggest?
Get him examined and you could change the Coumadin.
Is this the first time he has had any bleeding since he is on Coumadin?
Due to the irregular heartbeat, the Coumadin cannot be stopped.
You should consult a Surgeon who can examine him to know the cause of the bleeding whether there are hemorrhoids or a Fissure-in-ano, etc. Treating the cause of the bleeding is what is required.
If the bleeding still continues you could change the Coumadin to drugs that have a lower risk of bleeding like Rivaroxaban(Xarelto). For that you will have to discuss with your Doctor who started the Coumadin.
Do let us know if there are other queries that we can address.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rectal bleeding soar thoat what is it
- What causes rectal bleeding prior to periods
- Suggest treatment for constipation and rectal bleeding
- What causes rectal bleeding in jail
- What causes rectal bleeding after bowel movements
- Ongoing rectal bleeding
- What causes abdominl pain with rectal bleeding
- Have rectal bleeding was intussusception suggestions
- What causes upper abdominal pain and rectal bleeding
- Suggest treatment for rectal bleeding