question-icon

What Does Pyrosis On The Scalp Indicate As Per The Attached Reports?

Posted on Mon, 6 Nov 2017
Question: Hi I recently have been diagnosed with pyrosis and particularly on my scalp, I'm 46 and have never had it before why would i all of a sudden get this? I have attached pictures of my scalp when it started, I have some foam etc to help it but my hair has not come back in places is there anything to help the hair regrow given the diagnoses?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Psoriasis can occur at any age, medicines prescribed are fine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photographs.

I can appreciate multiple erythematous patches along with the loss of hair on the scalp.
Psoriasis is an immune-mediated disease which can occur at any age in any individual.

The medicines given to you are fine but the redness and the lesions will take time to resolve.

Once the lesions disappear then there will be the growth of hair or then you can apply Minoxidil 5 percent solution on the bald areas for faster hair growth.

Since now your disease is active you need to continue with the prescribed medicines.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist