Ask a Urologist   »  

What does pus cells and RBC in semen indicate?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
I HAVE ATTACHED MY SEMEN ANALYSIS REPORT, JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THEIR IS SOMETHING SPECIFIC IN IT FOR WHICH I SHOULD TAKE CARE? MY SPERM COUNT IS 70MIL/ML IS THAT OK? MY RPORT SHOWING PUS CELLS 7-10 AND RED BLOOD CELLS 1-2 IS IT SOMETHING WHICH IS NOT NORMAL?
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
? Infection of seminal vesicle or Prostate

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

I have gone through your semen analysis report, it appears all the parameters of the semen are within the normal limit except for the presence of pus cells and RBC in semen.

The presence of pus cells and RBC in semen are suggestive of infection either in seminal vesicle or Prostate. The infection can be treated by a course of antibiotics, but I would suggest you to consult the Urologist for complete evaluation and treatment.

Thank you.