What does prominence of the pelvicalyceal system in both kidneys indicate?
It may be due to bilateral renal calculi,reflux,overhydration etc.
Prominent bilateral pelvicalyceal system in both kidneys may be due to many reasons.
It may be due to bilateral renal calculi,reflux,overhydration etc.It is also seen in stage just before urine drainage to ureters.
Generally this is not a very serious condition.
However it is important to investigate and know the exact cause.
You are rightly advised for CT Urography.It can exclude possibility of renal calculi and it can also assess renal function.
It is nice that you have good health.There may be minor reason for bilateral fullness of P-C system and it is expected to reverse with treatment of underlying cause.
Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mild pelvicalyceal system prominence of both kidneys in reports
- Kidney prominent pelvicalyceal system
- Mild pelvicalyceal system prominence of both
- What is a prominent right pelvicalyceal system
- What does prominent pelvicalyceal system noted on both kidney mean
- Minimal pelvicalyceal system in both kidneys
- What is pelvicalyceal system in kidney
- Pelvicalyceal system appears prominent in both kidneys
- Prominent fetal pelvicalyceal system on both kidneys
- Kidney mild prominence of pelvicalyceal system
- Been sick. Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and...
- How to get rid of constipation?
- Intense pains in legs and have a meniscus injury. Having lower body...
- Alcoholic and type two diabetic. What does the blood result indicate?
- Smell in urine. Epididymitis attack with pain at the base of penis....
- Experiencing pain in lower left abdomen. Painful to push and frequent...
- Noticed spotting after sex. Is this sign of pregnancy?
- Seem to be having gallbladder attack. Undergone gall bladder removal....
- Tightness in the testicles and pain in tip of the penis. Underlying cause?
- Taking statin. Found a small benign liver cyst in CT scan. Are they...