What does positive test post 10 days of IUI indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I Had a iui done on July 21st and took the trigger shot 24 hrs prior on July 20th. I couldn't hold out so I tested today and got a positive is it safe to say it's a accurate result?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is possibly true!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I understand your anxiety. We all exhibit such at least at one point in our lives. With a positive test about 10days after the IUI, it is enough time for the urine pregnancy test strip to pick it up. For now, I have no reason to suspect that this is a false positive. We would be able to tell in the coming week whether there is a reason to put this into question as we expect early signs of pregnancy and absent menses to be reported already.

For now, it is a positive note and makes us optimistic. More information would make us more certain on this. Keep calm, be happy, and optimistic but no celebrations for now.

In all, enough time to believe the test is true but would be confirmed in the weeks ahead with more clinical and laboratory information.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications If need be. I pray God blesses you with your heart's desire.