What does positive TMT test indicate?

Question
hi, recently i underwent a tmt test and the result came out as positive with a reading of 10.6 mts and a total exercise time of 9.19 minutes. what does this indicate?
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggest ischaemic sign at 10.6MTS

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and attachments & understood your concern.

Positive with a reading of 10.6 mts and a total exercise time of 9.19 minutes indicates that your heart started getting tired (difficult to perform its normal activity) due to ischemia(decreased blood supply to heart) with stress induced by increase in exercise in the form of running for 9.19 minutes, 10.6 METS (metabolic equivalents) and at maximum speed of 6.8miles/hour.

Exercise capacity measured in METS is a powerful predictor of cardiovascular events. Higher workloads achieved during exercise stress predict improved survival rate. A cutpoint of 10 METS achieved predicts low mortality and with you it has crossed 10.

So with the history of diabetes, hypertension , low HDL you should take care of your health with proper diet, regular exercise and regular medications.

I hope this information answered your concern and helps helps you. Feel free to ask if any further related query and I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: What does positive TMT test indicate? 15 hours later
thanks doctor
i have suggested to undergo angiogram. should i get it done?

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
better to get done angiogram. strict sugar,lipid control

Detailed Answer:

Angiogram is a screening procedure to find any abnormalities. With your TMT result its better to get done Angiogram once. More than this strict blood glucose, blood pressure and lipid control is required. It will be better if you continue aspirin.

I am happy that my information helped you.
You can ask me any health related questions and I will be glad to help you.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: What does positive TMT test indicate? 25 hours later
thanks doctor,
i want to take up muscle strengthening by working out at the gym. can i do weights and take protein substitutes( protein shake etc) as i am a vegetarian. would it effect hyper tension and also the sugar levels.

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes.can take protein and can go for gym(light weig

Detailed Answer:

It's a great initiative. But I don't prefer you to work for muscle building at gym. You can work to keep the tone of muscles with less weight. Should not target higher weights. Protein supplements can be taken. This won't affect your blood pressure.

Also brisk walk or jogging will help you in managing your blood pressure and also your health.

I hope this information answered your query and are helpful to you.
If you have any health related queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Wish you good health.