What does pleural lipoma in the second intercostal space indicate?
It is a benign soft tissue tumour
I have gone through your report.
As you are having a pleural lipoma in second intercostal space with stripes on top you do not need to worry much as it is a benign soft tissue tumour of the pleura.
These are encapsulated fatty tumours with a slow growth rate.
I would advise you to clinical check up and CT scan of chest every 3 months if you are asymptomatic.
If it is symptomatic then you have to do a biopsy test followed by resection of the pleural lipoma by a cardiothoracic surgeon.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Monish De, Oncologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the treatment available for lipoma
- What is a lipoma lump
- What causes induration lipoma
- What causes neurofibromas and lipomas
- What causes a lipoma in an ankle
- What to do for lipomas on the head
- What is the cause of lipomas on the body
- What creams reduce lipoma
- What causes lipomas
- What is a parafalcine lipoma