What does pink color stain in urine after having cranberry juice indicate?

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Specialist

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I pass normal colour urine but I noticed a pale pink water stain when I wiped today no pain or anyt thing I have been drinking cranberry juice quite a lot and had some last night
Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly due to juice, watch out for pain

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I would like to answer your query.
Based on clinical history and query, my comments are as follows:
1. Cranberry juice can give pink color stain to urine.
2. However, Urinary tract infection should always be thought of. If you develop any pain specifically during micturation or any pelvic pain, urine examination will be necessary. If positive, treatment can be initiated.
3. If you are not sure, stop cranberry juice for a day, to verify routine yellow color.
4. Drink plenty of water as it will help remove most bacteria's.

Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari