What does persistent neck pain and vomiting indicate?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi,
My husband is 40 year old and weighs 85 kg. Yesterday night he had this pain in the nape of neck and early morning vomited. Though it looked like as if it was just nausea because no food and nothing came out. What is it? He was feeling giddy as well. Is it something serious?
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cervical spondylosis most likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic.
It can be due to nerve compression, symptoms of nerve compression can include pain,numbness associated with nausea vomiting and dizziness.
I would advice him to go for a X ray cervical spine AP and Lateral to rule out cervical spondylosis as a cause of pain with dizziness and nausea.
Advice
Tab pantoprazole dsr once daily for 3 days.
Tab Betahistine 8mg twice daily(for dizziness).
Take rest for 2 days.
Restrict motion of neck.
Use voilini(Diclofenac gel) twice daily.
Avoid using cushions.
Follow up with reports of Xray.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana