What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
simple nose bleed.It can be controlled.
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Siddiq-ul-abidin. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
The problem you have seems to be simple nose bleed. It is usually common or summers or it may happen after some trauma to nose like nose picking or trauma during cleaning.
In rare cases it can occur in case of nose infection on inflammation.
There is an area in nose which is called as Little's area, this is where many blood vessels meet so it has many blood vessels, it is quite notorius for nose bleeds.
In some people nose bleed can happen when this area vessels are dilated due to some reason.
Nose bleed like yours can also be there due to some throat or pharynx infection , or continuous coughing or trauma.
In my opinin you don't have to rush to the doctor you can follow my suggestions and hopefully things will get under control in a couple of days.
1) Don't panic stay composed.
2) Wash you nose with cold water not chilled but at a pleasant temperature.
3) gargle with cold water rinse your pharynx with that.
4) Use over the counter nasal decongestant spray this constricts little area vessels and provide good results.
5) Check your BP make sure it's in control.
6) If you use any blood thinner meds like loprin you gotta ask your doctor about continuing them..
7) Avoid coughing.
8) Avoid traumas to nose avoid nosepicking and agressive cleaning.
Hopefully things will settle down in a couple of days.
I hope this answered your question.If you have more queries I am happy to answer.Otherwise close the discussion and rate my responces.
Dr.Saddiq ul abidin.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nasal bleeding in children
- Nasal bleed in chf
- Nasal bleeding treatment
- What is the treatment for chronic nasal bleeding
- Diagnosis of nasal bleeding
- Symptoms of nasal bleeding
- Nasal bleeding through bulghum
- Treatment and cure for nasal bleeding
- What is the treatment for nasal bleeding
- Nasal bleeding causes
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?