What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My nose is bleeding almost daily in my left nostril. Seems to be coming from the back somewhere in my sinus since I have to spit out the blood as well. My ENT can't see me for a few weeks. Should I be concerned and get checked out sooner?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
simple nose bleed.It can be controlled.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Siddiq-ul-abidin. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

The problem you have seems to be simple nose bleed. It is usually common or summers or it may happen after some trauma to nose like nose picking or trauma during cleaning.

In rare cases it can occur in case of nose infection on inflammation.
There is an area in nose which is called as Little's area, this is where many blood vessels meet so it has many blood vessels, it is quite notorius for nose bleeds.

In some people nose bleed can happen when this area vessels are dilated due to some reason.

Nose bleed like yours can also be there due to some throat or pharynx infection , or continuous coughing or trauma.

In my opinin you don't have to rush to the doctor you can follow my suggestions and hopefully things will get under control in a couple of days.

1) Don't panic stay composed.
2) Wash you nose with cold water not chilled but at a pleasant temperature.
3) gargle with cold water rinse your pharynx with that.
4) Use over the counter nasal decongestant spray this constricts little area vessels and provide good results.
5) Check your BP make sure it's in control.
6) If you use any blood thinner meds like loprin you gotta ask your doctor about continuing them..
7) Avoid coughing.
8) Avoid traumas to nose avoid nosepicking and agressive cleaning.

Hopefully things will settle down in a couple of days.

I hope this answered your question.If you have more queries I am happy to answer.Otherwise close the discussion and rate my responces.

Regrads.

Dr.Saddiq ul abidin.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
Resident Internist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin