What does persistent coughing with a red tongue indicate?
not enough information
I'm afraid there is not enough information to answer such a question. You're actually asking whether his doctors have done their job adequately or not but besides his symptoms there is no clue as to his current condition like a blood count, inflammatory markers levels (CRP for example), blood or sputum culture results, etc. His red tongue is probably caused - indirectly - by the antibiotics by inducing fungal growth. An antifungal oral gel should suffice to treat his tongue. I can't comment on the rest of his treatment because I don't know what it is or his clinical status!
If you can provide more information then I could be more specific and helpful!
Best wishes for an uneventful recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?