What does persistent chest pain after aortic valve replacement suggest?
I had an aortic valve replaced about 9 weeks ago and still experience chest pain mainly on my left side. My cardiologist has done some tests and found everything normal. My bp is back to normal as is my pulse rate. I'm just afraid there is a serious problem. My surgeon says I should just hang in there. Is it normal to still have muscular/nerve pain after this long?
Normal muscular/nerve pain...
I have gone through your medical history carefully and am happy to know that all tests your cardiologist has done found everything normal including your bp and pulse rate.
With regards to muscular/nerve pain after 9 weeks of having aortic valve replaced, I can assure that this is a normal pain especially if weather conditions are bad (cloudy/rainy) that could trigger/aggravate it.
As long as all cardiac tests resulted normal, all the rest is normal too.
All the best!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rehab after aortic valve replacement
- What causes bleeding after the aortic valve replacement
- Pain after aortic valve replacement
- Pain in chest after aortic valve replacement
- What could be the cause of persistant chest pain
- Recovery after aortic valve replacement
- Diet after aortic valve replacement
- Exercise after aortic valve replacement
- Persisting chest pain numb breast gastroenteritis
- Bodybuilding after aortic valve replacement