What does persistent bleeding from a cut indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have a small paper cut that I can not stop the heavy bleeding for about one hour now, I am not on any blood thinners, can this be a side effect to breo or spiriva?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, these are not known side effects of Breo or Spiriva!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your information fully. These are not known side effects of Breo or Spiriva. I suggest you apply pressure and allow it bandaged. In addition, you may apply ice packs to it as well. Removing over and over to check whether bleeding has stopped only makes it worse. If possible, kindly upload an image of the cut for review as well.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Hoping to hear from you and do wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 50 minutes later
I don`t know how to upload and down load, the cut isn`t any larger than a paper cut. thanks for your reply, I will check with my Dr to see why I am bleeding so much I was in the hospital in December and did receive shots of blood thinners but too long ago for it to be from that i think
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep me posted on this!

Detailed Answer:

I will like to know thatyour doctor says about this. Also, what blood thinner were you administered back then? As you rightly mentioned, it has been a long time and as such that cannot be the lone contributing factor.

I look forward hearing from you and hope the bleeding has stopped already.