What does persistent abdominal pain after taking I-pill indicate?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Had unprotected sex on the last day of my periods took I pill after 20 hours of it. Felt nauseated and vomited the next day. The next day I bled a little and felt slight cramps.
After one week of that I have slight abdomen pain in the lower left side and it is still there today (5 days of pain) is this normal? I'm worried please help.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Side effect of ipill

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about pain abdomen.

There is no chance of pregnancy if you had sex on the last day of periods. You should not have taken i pill.

Taking i pill is likely to disturb your periods and make things difficult. You are feeling pain abdomen as you might get another period soon.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 7 minutes later
Thanks for the swift reply doctor. But what about the bleeding the day after and the pain I have in my lower left abdomen. Why is this happening to me.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ipill is related to pain

Detailed Answer:

Bleeding on next day is probably due to remaining blood from womb of regular period.

Present pain abdomen is due to the ipill.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 13 minutes later
Thank you thank you thank you can't thank you enough doctor. Finally I can breath easy!
And lastly how long will these pains remain and I also feel uneasy sometimes like today. Can't eat anything , can't sleep Properly. How long will I to this?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Might last 2 days more

Detailed Answer:

This pain is likely to last for 2 days.

If it is severe, take tablets like mental spas.

Feel free to ask questions to me directly in future by pasting following link in your browser:

http://bit.ly/askdrsoumya