What does painful lump on arm post injury indicate?
1) Is the lump something that could signal a stress fracture? Is there anyway to tell the difference between fracture lump and bruise?
2) If I need to check it out, will xrays be enough to see hairline breaks? or is an mri needed?
To differentiate between the two, xray is required.
Thanks for your query.
This painful lump might be due to haematoma formation(collection of blood). It could also be due to hairline fracture or soft tissue injury. To differentiate between the two, x-ray is required.
X-ray will be enough to see hairline fracture.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen knuckle with no pain no injury what is it
- Painful knot in arm after an injury
- Injuries of the arm
- Painful lumps on head injury site
- What is the remedy for a lump after an injury
- Cylinder shapped lump in arm after injury
- Arm injury bruise large lump painful any suggestions
- Is stomach pain post injury serious
- What is a lump on the spine after an injury
- Painful lump on head no injury