What does pain under the left armpit indicate?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 25 Jul 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi! Beginning on XXXXXXX 14th I have had a pain on my left side that just won’t go away. It’s under my left arm pit about 6 inches. It doesn’t hurt to touch, but it does hurt to take a deep breath and when I move certain ways. At first I thought that I’d slept wrong, but, it’s been too long for that! Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get a chest X-Ray done

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic,

I can understand your concern,

As per your history, there are two organs that might be the cause of this pain: the lungs or the ribs.

For both, a chest X-Ray may give information about what's going on. If it is positive than your doctor will advice you further .

It may be that a muscle contraction is the cause too and for this nothing but painkillers should be used.

I hope to have helped you,

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee