What does pain on the eyebrows indicate?
This needs to be treated by antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Welcome to Health care magic
I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.
I reviewed your history.
It seems from the history that you are having pain in the left eye brow probably because of tear duct infection or hair follicle infection as told by your Ophthalmologist.
Doxycycline is an antibiotic and needs to be continued as mentioned by your doctor. However steroids needs to be avoided in case of infection as these can result in further worsening of the infection.
Along with doxycycline topical antibiotic eye ointment or eye drops like Ciprofloxacin eye drops/ointment needs to be used. The use of oral analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs like Aceclofenac will provide symptomatic relief.
If possible do send me photo of the affected eye so that I can confirm the diagnosis and advice you accordingly.
Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in ribs painful breathing pulling pain what is it
- What causes nerve pain in eyebrow
- What could painful pressure below tailbone fatigue abdominal pain indicate
- What does pain in breast indicates
- Eyebrow pain and neck pain
- Groin pain what could this pain be
- What is the remedy for pain in eyebrow area
- What is pain
- What causes pain in the eyebrow bone
- What does testicular pain indicate