What does pain near the waist and back with vertigo and nausea indicate?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Tue, 16 Oct 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have intermittent pain on my right side above the waist and around towards the back. Thought I had a broken rib - had an xray of my ribs- all looked good. Any idea what it could be? I've also been suffering from vertigo and nausea.
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Infection of the gallbladder (cholecystitis), or renal stones.

Detailed Answer:

Your intermittent pain related to nausea and vertigo may come from renal stone or cholecystitis (infection of the gallbladder).

Both of them may be related to a diet full of fatty foods and salt, or family genetics.

I would suggest making an abdominal ultrasound examination who will reveal stones in the kidneys, or inflammation of the cholecyst.

Also, please make full urine analysis (check for crystales), and full blood analysis (check for the condition of leucocytes) and hepatic transaminasis as well.

This examination will make the cause more clear and then everything will be treated according to the cause.

Till the examination, I would suggest not to eat fatty foods, and to eat more fruits or healthy diet.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Eni, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T