Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

What does pain in uterus with a protrusion from vagina indicate?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
My mother is aged 63, she had pain in the region near uterus, now there is a protrusion from her vagina. We are worried what would be the problem.please advise
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE NEEDS TO RULE OUT. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks from writing to us. According to your information, your mother is mostly suffering from PELVIC ORGAN PROLAPSE (protrusion from vagina) which is associated with pain. Prolapse may be different types according to protrusion of pelvic organ like Uterine Prolapse, Cystocele (bladder), Rectocele (rectum), Urethrocele (urethra), Vaginal vault prolapse, Enterocele (Bowel) etc. In this case, she needs a complete clinical examination including pelvic and per vaginal examination (with or without Speculum) to confirm the diagnosis. Proper treatment can be made only after clinical confirmation. Kindly, consult with her GYNECOLOGIST to proceed the same. There are several treatment modalities like insertion of pessary, pelvic floor muscle exercise, hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Vaginal Hysterectomy with pelvic floor repair may be needed in few cases. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish her good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor