What does pain in the right chest and sternum indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi this is for dr Sharka I was wondering as an update for the last 2 days or so I have achy feeling in upper right chest to sturnum area sometimes with movement other than tylnol hot and cold is there a gel I can use anything u can suggest I am pretty sure it is costo related but I wanted your input to see if it is cardiac related and perhaps what kind of dr I should follow up with
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms are not typical of any cardiac disorders.

The fact that movements may trigger the pain is typical of musculo-skeletal pain.

For this reason, there is no reason to perform any additional cardiac tests.

Regarding local therapy, I would recommend a local gel with diclofenac coupled with a musculo-relaxant.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist