What Does Pain In The Rib Cage Indicate?
Could be due to an electrolyte imbalance
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that either you have somehow you have developed an electrolyte imbalance, or you are suffering from a simple viral infection. I would insist you to take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps. You also need to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts. Take paracetamol or acetaminophen when needed. Aleve or Motrin only comes in the next step.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain behind mid to lower section of right rib
- Costochondritis and hard lump on rib
- My bottom left rib has an extra rib
- Hard lump on top left rib
- Location of seventh right rib
- Heart palpitations below rib
- Fluid around the rib
- Fatty deposit on top of rib
- Hard lump first rib
- Extra rib below floating rib