What does pain in the middle toe on the left foot indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi I have had pain in my middle toe of the left foot for over a year. If I touch or press on it, It doesn't hurt. Only when I wear certain shoes, I can't walk for long. If I wear flip flops or try to cushion the toe and certain shoes I wear helps
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be tendonitis or infection.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in only one toe can be due to tendonitis or arthritis in the joint due to an old injury or stress. A direct examination and X-ray is needed to find the exact cause. Rest to the finger by strapping it with the next finger and using soft sole shoes or sandals can help in providing relief to the area. An infection also needs to be ruled out and proper prescription medicines will help in early recovery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal