question-icon

What does pain in the lower right side near the hip suggest?

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015
Question: I'm having pain in the lower right side next to my hip , The pain occurs mostly when I'm sitting
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It looks like musculoskeletal pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
If the pain is to the right of the hip bone,then it could be musculo skeletal pain.
If the pain is between Bellybutton and Hip bone ,it could be due to Appendicitis or Right Ureteric stone. Ultrasound abdomen will confirm the diagnosis.
For musculoSkeletal pain, I prescribe skeletal muscle relaxant tablet containing Thiocolchicoside to my patients.
Hope I answered your query.
If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon