What does pain in the legs indicate after a fall?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I fell on my knee a few weeks ago and it still hurts to walk
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May need X-ray and orthopedician review

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you need to have it's Xrays done and get it reviewed by an orthopedician, though ince it's there for weeks and you still can walk and do with bearing so gross or major fracture is less likely but patella hair line fracture or ligament injury should be ruled out.

Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen and local or topical anti inflammatory creams like diclofenac gels can help. Antibiotics doesn't seem to be needed at this stage.

Supplements for calcium, D3 and bisphonates can speed up recovery but protein rich diets or egg whites can help too. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
I am from CA and recently moved to WA. Do u think the weather might be playing a part in th pain I feel???
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can and you need to keep it warmer

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Yes cold exposure can play a role and keeping it warmer can help. You can also use knee rolls to wrap around to keep it warm and may use anti inflammatory gels under the warm rolls. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 7 days later
Thank u since I recently moved to WA can u recommend a Dr that I can see
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can visit any orthopedic surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Yes you need to visit an orthopedic specialist and we can't recommend a single name but any qualified surgeon can be approached. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana