Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

What does pain in the legs indicate after a fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 1416 Questions
I fell on my knee a few weeks ago and it still hurts to walk
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May need X-ray and orthopedician review

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you need to have it's Xrays done and get it reviewed by an orthopedician, though ince it's there for weeks and you still can walk and do with bearing so gross or major fracture is less likely but patella hair line fracture or ligament injury should be ruled out.

Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen and local or topical anti inflammatory creams like diclofenac gels can help. Antibiotics doesn't seem to be needed at this stage.

Supplements for calcium, D3 and bisphonates can speed up recovery but protein rich diets or egg whites can help too. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does pain in the legs indicate after a fall? 2 hours later
I am from CA and recently moved to WA. Do u think the weather might be playing a part in th pain I feel???
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can and you need to keep it warmer

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Yes cold exposure can play a role and keeping it warmer can help. You can also use knee rolls to wrap around to keep it warm and may use anti inflammatory gels under the warm rolls. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does pain in the legs indicate after a fall? 7 days later
Thank u since I recently moved to WA can u recommend a Dr that I can see
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can visit any orthopedic surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Yes you need to visit an orthopedic specialist and we can't recommend a single name but any qualified surgeon can be approached. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor