What Does Pain During Intercourse Indicate In An Elderly Woman?
when we are having sex relations, why is this happening?
Hello and welcome,
Your problem is not uncommon. After menopause, women don't make as much estrogen, and over the years with diminished amounts of estrogen, the urinary and genital tissues can become atrophied and weaker. The vagina makes less lubrication, and there is more risk (in some women) for bladder infections as well.
If lubricants such as Astroglide or others aren't helping enough, you might benefit from small amounts of intravaginal estrogen cream. Oral estrogen cream goes through your whole body and has more health risks than topical estrogen cream, which, while some is absorbed, doesn't have as great potential for risks as oral estrogen does. The estrogen cream is by prescription so you will need to go in to see your doctor for this.
In addition to this, increasing the duration of foreplay can help prepare the body, but you may need more than just that.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How does anemia cause chest pain
- L4 l5 herniation causing testicular pain
- Internal head heat and ear pain
- Infected pilonidal cyst abdominal pain low back pain
- I have constant heart palpitations with no pain
- How to pop nodules on tailbone without pain
- Ketones and protein in urine with major back pain
- Inner thigh stabbing pain
- High uric acid and muscle pain
- High uric acid back pain