Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

What does pain and lump on testicle indicate?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6486 Questions
I recently got a prescription for antibiotics for a pain on my right testicle. It also has a small lump. What started as a small pain is seeming to spread to my kidney area and make me feel bloated and have weird pains all over. The antibiotics haven't seemed to work.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need proper clinical exam & investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM You need proper clinical examination and investigations. Firstly Ultrasound of scrotum with Doppler study should be done. Clinical examination and ultrasound can exclude many conditions. It is important to know about history of fever,trauma etc. Feeling of lump shouldn't be ignored and without examination it is difficult to say. Pain & lump may be due to many reasons like infection,torsion,mass etc. You need other investigations like routine hemogram,random blood sugar(RBS),urine RE/ME.Further investigations like CT Scan can be done if needed. At present you can take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg half hour before food and you can also take analgesics like tablet Tramadol 50 mg twice daily. Proper treatment depend upon clinical examination and investigation reports. You should consult your surgeon. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor