Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What does pain and burining while urination with slight Fever, shivering and stomach pain indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Two days prior expericiened pain while urination, burning with urination, increased frequency of urination , Slight Fever, shivering , Pain in stomach. Local doctor was consulted who gave few in-clinic tablets and Cital Syrup, Tab B-cin 100. Latest Urine report shows Blood Traces present, Pus Cells ( per h.p.f) = more than 100, Bacteria present. Need your advise on the overall case
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Most likely cystitis, you should get better soon Detailed Answer: Hi, What you have described are the classical symptoms of lower urinary tract infection, usually called Cystitis. You should give a urine sample for culture and sensitivity pattern as early as possible. Once this is done, you can be started on antibiotics like Nitrofurantoin or quinolones like Ciprofloxacin which usually are fairly effective in this situation till the culture report arrives. You can continue using the Cital syrup. For symptomatic relief, you can add medications like Tolterodine or Solifenacin for reducing the bladder irritability so that frequency of urination comes down, and the pain in lower abdomen also disappears. You have to continue the antibiotic preferably for at least 7 days, following which you can give a urine sample for examination to ensure the count of pus cells has come down. Sometimes, you might have to continue using the antibiotic at a lower dosage than usual for 3-4 weeks if the infection appears to be incompletely resolved. All these medications are easily available in most major cities. Hope I have been able to help you. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor