What does ovarian cyst with vascular flow and nodule indicate?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: hi i have a ovarian cyst with vascular flow and nodule what does this mean
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM

Detailed Answer:
If these are only features of cyst that are described then you dont have to be worried since risk of malignancy is minor and 98%of such cysts are benign and have benign course. Only cysts larger than 5cm, multilobulated and those that grow rapidly should cause concern. At this point you need just to have frequent ultrasound follow up, every 4-6 months so that any cyst changes can be detected on time. If there is any doubt about diagnosis then laparosocpic cyst removal can be done. Wish you good health. Regards