What does orange coloured mucus in the stool indicate after eating pizza and Mexican food?
Mucous is a result of excessive shedding of the mucosa.
Increased mucous is due to shedding of intestinal mucosa mixed with pus and sometimes germs and blood.
Losing 87 pounds in one year and no obvious cause can be due to many causes.
I hope all the relevant tests were done before diagnosing it as IBS.
The tests include complete blood count, Widal test for typhoid, thyroid profile, liver function test, kidney function test, fasting blood sugar levels, ultrasound abdomen.
Stool examination for ova and parasites, culture and sensitivity can provide some clue. Since you are 50 yr, you are also eligible for colonoscopy but it's not an emergency.
If you have already done tests, then please upload reports for me to view.
My recommendation is to implement lifestyle measures.
It includes eating hygienic food, cleaner drinking water, more fruits and salad, less sugar, fewer milk products. Exercise regularly for at least 30 min per day.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Vaishalee Punj, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eating nuts and stool colour
- Eating beef stool colour
- Orange mucus around stool
- What does clay coloured stool indicate
- Loose stools need to pass stools after eating
- Coloured stools adults orange
- Dark orange mucus on stool
- Clay coloured stools after food poisoning
- Orange coloured mucus in stool
- Mucus in stool of orange colour and jelly like