What does my widal test report indicate?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Infections
Question: Widal Test Reports show the following:
S.Thyphi O = Reactive 1:40
S.Thyphi H = Reactive 1:160
S.Parathyphi A = Non Reactive
S.Parathyphi B = Non Reactive

Does this means i have thyphoid ?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please inform the symptoms please

Detailed Answer:
please inform the symptoms please
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Fever started on 23rd July and went up til 102..After consulting doctor started taking Dolo and also did anti biotic course for 5Days.Fever was accompanied by headcahe,Throat ache,body ache and cough..Afted 5 daya fever syarted reamining 99 - 99.6 highest and daily this much temperature ia recorded and also feel low on energy and head ache se constant.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be significant

Detailed Answer:
Yes XXXXXXX
In view of those symptoms, I would definitely suggest to test further on the basis of this report.
It does look like typhoid fever with that report.

I would suggest Typhi Dot IgG, IgM tests.
Also I would suggest to change the antibiotics to ciprofloxacin.
If these tests turn out to be positive, we may have to switch to injectible antibiotics.

Also suggest testing complete hemogram.
Best of luck
Dr Mittal