Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

192 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does my vaginal ultrasound indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 3614 Questions

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I am 51yr old. I have had a vaginal ultrasound. have had weight gain - feeling full and bloating. can you help me with this report?
Uterus is retroflexed in position measures 3.9cm x 5.9cm in AP and transverse diameters and 7.2cm om length.
Uterus is heterogeneous in echotexture. multiple fibroids as follows:
* exophytic left fibroid partially imaged - likely corresponds to a mass in left adnexa separate from the left ovary seen on transvaginal exam measuring 3.2 x 2.2 x 4.0cm.
* intramural fibroid in the posterior uterine body measuring 3.5 x 3.2 x 2.2cm
* subserosal fibroid in the left lower uterine segment measuring 2.2 x 1.6 x 2.0cm
endometrium is obscured on the transvaginal portion of the exam due to the fibroids.

Right ovary measures 2.6 x 1.1 x 2.0 cm for a volume of 2.9ml.
Left ovary measures 2.4 x 1.5cm for a volume of 3.8ml.

Thank you so much for your help. Have noticed my abdomen is becoming swollen..out of breath and feeling full all the time.

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
uterine fibroid needing hysterectomy

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Your ultrasound is significant for fibroids the masses which lead to bleeding and cramping and the pain in some your uterus is positioned backward and usual ones lie front over bladder called ante flexed or anteverted.
Of all the issues there is a simple solution . hysterectomy. You are 51 and you done need uterus for your family or children anymore. It's no good to you any suggest you get rid of it.
Weight gain has no connection with this issue and is a separate entity needing natural measures like exercise etc to tackle.
But right now let's focus on one thing at a time.getting rid of uterus is what that is.
Seek a gynecologist or a laproscopic surgeon andlet them take care of you.
Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Uterine fibroid

doctor1 MD

I am on bio-identical hormones and my testosterone level has gone from 62 to 247 in the last 8mos. My GYN has finally told me to stop the testosterone for a while. I ve been having abdominal pain and now lower/upper back pain for the past 3mos. Had ultrasound last wk and it came back showing uterus is anteverted, small hypoechoic foci likely respresents fibroids measuring 8mm. As well as a 1.5cm right ovarian cyst containing some internal debris and a 1.3cm simple left ovarian cyst. Can this be a result of the high testosterone? And is this something to be concerned about? And will these go away on their own?

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, it is been three months since I have a surgery to remove only the fibroids. After my first menstrual cycle I had 7 days of bleeding which I had to wear pads. It was not heavy, when I went to see my gynecologist he put me on birth control. I began taking it two days before my menstrual period. I can say I do not have my period, but I still have painful cramps. Why do you think because I am very concerned about that.

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am 26 weeks pregnant and I have fibroids. I have started to notice blood in my urian. I have had test done for UTI and kidney Stones, both came back that i did not have neither. I was wondering if my fibroids can cause blood to be in the urian?

doctor1 MD

I have had two recent occasions of urinating myself. I am only 45. I feel the need to go to the bathroom and make a mental note to find a bathroom only to find that it becomes incredibly urgent and I can't move. I then wet myself and I can even be in public . I was just told I have some fibroids - could this be the reason?

doctor1 MD

I have been having irregular menstrual bleeding for the past year. Gyn found polyp during pap. Ordered Ultrasound. Please translate this ultrasound report into human language because I don't understand any of it. Thx. EXAMINATION: Ultrasound...

doctor1 MD

Hello, I have had unusually heavy flooding during my period, and now I have cramping two days after. I had an endometrial biopsy and a transvaginal ultrasound about a year ago, to reveal a uterine fibroid that was fairly small. What could cause...

doctor1 MD

I have been bleeding constantly since my September period with clotting and severe pressure in my lower abdomen area, I am experiencing roughly 5 headaches in a 7 day period. Within the last month I am going through 2 pads in an hour, I have been...