What does my vaginal ultrasound indicate?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I am 51yr old. I have had a vaginal ultrasound. have had weight gain - feeling full and bloating. can you help me with this report?
Uterus is retroflexed in position measures 3.9cm x 5.9cm in AP and transverse diameters and 7.2cm om length.
Uterus is heterogeneous in echotexture. multiple fibroids as follows:
* exophytic left fibroid partially imaged - likely corresponds to a mass in left adnexa separate from the left ovary seen on transvaginal exam measuring 3.2 x 2.2 x 4.0cm.
* intramural fibroid in the posterior uterine body measuring 3.5 x 3.2 x 2.2cm
* subserosal fibroid in the left lower uterine segment measuring 2.2 x 1.6 x 2.0cm
endometrium is obscured on the transvaginal portion of the exam due to the fibroids.

Right ovary measures 2.6 x 1.1 x 2.0 cm for a volume of 2.9ml.
Left ovary measures 2.4 x 1.5cm for a volume of 3.8ml.

Thank you so much for your help. Have noticed my abdomen is becoming swollen..out of breath and feeling full all the time.

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
uterine fibroid needing hysterectomy

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Your ultrasound is significant for fibroids the masses which lead to bleeding and cramping and the pain in some cases.plus your uterus is positioned backward and usual ones lie front over bladder called ante flexed or anteverted.
Of all the issues there is a simple solution . hysterectomy. You are 51 and you done need uterus for your family or children anymore. It's no good to you any more.in suggest you get rid of it.
Weight gain has no connection with this issue and is a separate entity needing natural measures like exercise etc to tackle.
But right now let's focus on one thing at a time.getting rid of uterus is what that is.
Seek a gynecologist or a laproscopic surgeon andlet them take care of you.
Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX