What does my urine test result indicate?
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Transitional epithelial cells form the inner lining of your ureter and urinary bladder.
Once new cells are formed,old cells get routinely shed from their surfaces resulting in their presence in urine.
Presence of few transitional epithelial cells is a normal phenomenon.
In presence of infection,these cells are shed in large quantities and only then it has significance.
Sometimes even presence of cancer in bladder can also cause shedding of large number of transitional epithelial cells.
presence of few transitional epithelial cells in urine is absolutely normal.
I hope it helps however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do urine test results indicate onset glycosuria
- Blood in urine done urine test what can this be
- Frequent urination pain urine test done what does result mean
- What does my urine test indicate
- What does my urine examination result indicates for
- Urine test and urine culture done what does results suggest
- What do pus cells in urine test indicate
- What is the meaning of the urine test result
- Urine analysis done what does the result indicate
- What does these urine test results indicate