What does my urine analysis test report indicate?

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I recently had a urine analysis done, it indicated protein in urine 10mg/dl. I have recently started consuming whey protein supplement. Is this the cause of elevated levels? Rest all other parameters normal.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
hi

the new supplement whey protein can cause this urine protein. the kidney excretes out excess protein. if it feels toxic it also initially pushes out.

this phenomenon will be adjusted quickly by your body and you may not find protein in urine. however it is good to get 24 hour urine protein and urine albumin/ creatinine ratio as well.