question-icon

What does my urine analysis test report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015
Question: urinalysis results reads WBC Esterase trace abnormal and mucus thread present. How alarmed
should I be??
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (40 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
not much

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
First it may not mean anything and can be seen in healthy people.
Sometimes this is a sign of mild Urinary-Infection so you should do urine-culture&sensitivity and if you have burning pain while urinating then you'll need antibiotics.

Secondly, it may be sign of certain disorders of the Kidneys so you should check Blood Urea and Creatinine and perhaps do Ultrasound-KUB . I dont expect some pathologic finding but this should be done just to be 100% sure that everything is fine.

Wish you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (1 hour later)

I been ask to have another test called MICROALBUMIN,RANDOM URINE. The last test results were 7.2 in April 2015. In July 2014 6.3,Feb 10 2014 4.8., which seem to be an increase.I have also been having an back ache in the kidney area for about 2 months. My question is should go to Lab that will take two weeks to get
the results or seek another lab to get same day results?? THANKS
see follow up above. ref microalbumin urine test
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
not urgent

Detailed Answer:

Hi. Well,microalbuminuria may be sign of certain kidney damage,but these values are still not something critical. I dint think you need to check albumines immediately. You can wait few weeks without worrying.

However if you feel there's no improvement in your condition then it's better to get in touch with a Nephrologist for detailed evaluation.

Thanks for contacting HCM
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon