Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

136 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does my urine analysis test report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9948 Questions

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i have some urine infection for which I am attaching my urine routine report. Pus cells have been found in my urine. Please check and let me know what medicine I can take for this?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get your Urine culture done .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts and report of your Urine Analysis that you have posted it appears that you have UTI.

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
Thanks for your information.

I forgot to tell one thing that I am a SCI patient (Spinal Cord Injured) and my body is paralyzed. I am on CIC (Clean Intermittent Catheterization) to empty the urine from bladder. I have some redness on the top of my penis.I am attaching the pic. Please check and let me know what redness is this and what precaution and medicine are required?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to infection of Glans Penis (Ballanitis)

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

The redness of the glans penis that you have is due to infection of the glans penis (Ballanitis) acquired through contamination of glans while doing catheterization ..

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily .along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.

Take following precautions while doing self catheterization .
1) Wash your hands with soap water before yo do catheterizaton .
2) Clean the glans penis and penis with anti microbial solution Betadine .
3) Hold the penis with one hand preferably wearing sterile gloves or sterile gauze piece .
4) Put sterile local anesthetic jelly like Xylocaine jelly in to urethra which acts as a lubricant and anesthetize the delicate urethra and wait for 3-5 minutes .
5) Pass the catheter gently without touching glans of the penis and drain the urine from bladder .

This will help to avoid getting repeated episodes of infection

Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Topical antibiotic

doctor1 MD

My wife has had sores on her arms and legs for about 1 year. They're not painful unless she picks at them. When she does pick at them, there's a small, hard, round ball that comes off. Attached is a photo. Any ideas what this could be?

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, Recently I noticed this black spot on the right side of my throat and I was just wondering if this is something I should get checked out by my doctor? It kind of came out of nowhere and I just noticed it yesterday and I don’t really...

doctor1 MD

I think i just got bit by a spider. A lot of white spots that look like pimples , its red and swelling.