What does my urine analysis test report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i have some urine infection for which I am attaching my urine routine report. Pus cells have been found in my urine. Please check and let me know what medicine I can take for this?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get your Urine culture done .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts and report of your Urine Analysis that you have posted it appears that you have UTI.

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
Thanks for your information.

I forgot to tell one thing that I am a SCI patient (Spinal Cord Injured) and my body is paralyzed. I am on CIC (Clean Intermittent Catheterization) to empty the urine from bladder. I have some redness on the top of my penis.I am attaching the pic. Please check and let me know what redness is this and what precaution and medicine are required?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to infection of Glans Penis (Ballanitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

The redness of the glans penis that you have is due to infection of the glans penis (Ballanitis) acquired through contamination of glans while doing catheterization ..

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily .along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.

Take following precautions while doing self catheterization .
1) Wash your hands with soap water before yo do catheterizaton .
2) Clean the glans penis and penis with anti microbial solution Betadine .
3) Hold the penis with one hand preferably wearing sterile gloves or sterile gauze piece .
4) Put sterile local anesthetic jelly like Xylocaine jelly in to urethra which acts as a lubricant and anesthetize the delicate urethra and wait for 3-5 minutes .
5) Pass the catheter gently without touching glans of the penis and drain the urine from bladder .

This will help to avoid getting repeated episodes of infection

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil..